Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Edge atlantic film festival

Lucky I am, I spent yesterday afternoon doing of my favorites activities : watching movies ! It was the second edition of the Edge Atlantic Film Festival, a 4-day event taking place in NYC for the first time (last year was in Paris). They screen  professional and non-professional (aka film student) movies. During three hours, I watched four shorts films from Tisch School of the Arts and four from La FĂ©mis, the most prestigious film school in France.  
Being thrown in less that 40 minutes each time in a director's world 8 times back to back  is a pretty interesting experience. After the (long but rich)screening, there was an intimate Q & A with the students. Jay Anania,the professor at Tisch, was next to me and listening to the students and their professor, I felt I was 25 again!
My favorite US short was "Little horses" by Levi Abrino : a bittersweet comedy about a divorced small town postal worker who tires to win his family back by getting a blind and deaf pony for his son's birthday. 
My favorite French was "Coucou les nuages" by Vincent Cardona, a 38 minute film about the last days of Hans Muller, the first amateur astonaut in the history. Vincent plays the main character and I was mesmerized by the female lead, Mathilde Bisson.

No comments:

Post a Comment