Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bakeries in the city

I've been off sugar since I've done the Clean Program but I have children and I like to find new places ! 
So this week, I discovered two bakeries : one uptown, one downtown.
Two Little Red Hens is an american bakery located @ 1652 2nd avenue between 86th & 85th street, it's tiny, cosy with a couple of tables. They have great cheesecakes and cupcakes and a nice range of custom-made cakes.
Millefeuille, just opened and had a nice review in th NY times yesterday, is @ 552 Laguardia Place between Bleeker and West 3rd street. The French pastry chef used to work with the famous Pierre Hermé so I bought some macarons and a brownie with a praline filling that looked really dangerous. Their croissants and pains au chocolat looked really good too. The place is simple, the kitchen is open so you can practice your French with the chef if you want !

No comments:

Post a Comment