Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sandy Hook + The fat Radish = a perfect sunday !

My girlfriend E was going on Sunday to the beach at Sandy Hook, New Jersey and I decided to go with her. Boarding the ferry @ 10:30 @ 35th street and the East River, I was behind a super cute couple and Victoria Secret's model Alessandra Ambrosio and her family. Wow cool New Yorkers go to New Jersey, I told myself. 
E boarded the ferry @ Pier 11, we sat down on the upper deck of the ferry and I couldn't resist taking the picture of guy from the cute couple pretending I was taking a photo of the Verrazano bridge (on the ferry back he took he tee-shirt off to offer it to his girlfriend..). Once we got to Sandy Hook, we walked to the sea and lost track of cute couple, the top model and others cool New Yorkers : it was Tony Soprano and his family at the beach !! A tattoed older woman in a one piece couldn't let go of her cigarette (it's legal in NJ to smoke on the beach not in NY state), she was talking like a truck driver with the thick accent of Carmella Soprano, to  her slim daughter in a matching colored bikini. I must say, it was packed but the sand was white, the sea fresh and pretty clean and the fact that you are swimiming and at the horizon you see the Manhattan skyline is pretty awesome !
We made plans with E to have dinner @ The Fat radish, I keep hearing from this place and thought a sunday night early dinner there  would be really nice and it was ! The place is very simple with white-washed brick walls, dimmed lighting and delicious food : I had a artic char ceviche with avocado and a light tomato sauce followed by a grilled stripped bass with glazed turning and a side a brocoli rabe with chilies. B tried an amazing cocktail with vodka, grapefruit juice and chilies, so spicy !
The Fat Radish : 17 Orchard street near Canal street. 
Tel : 212-300-4053

No comments:

Post a Comment