Friday, June 3, 2011

Beginners

I couldn't wait any longer ! I went to the first showing of Beginners, 10:40am right after spinning. The theater was half-packed, rare for a matinee. I saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago and I knew right away that I would love the movie and I did. I fell in love again with Ewan Mc Gregor, he's cute, low-key, with a  nice-but-not-too-strong scottish accent and he wears stripped sweaters, my favorites. He's the main character, he falls in love with Anna, a french actress played by Melanie Laurent, three months after his father died. There are many flashbacks, funny moments with his eccentric mom, tenderness with his father towards the end of his life. It's simple and right and ROMANTIC and I miss that in the movies !

1 comment:

  1. Read about this movie a few days ago. Sounds sweet, romantic, forgiving. Look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete