Tuesday, May 17, 2011

SLEEP NO MORE by Punch drunk love

It's a unique experience : an theatrical and dance installation  taking place over 100 rooms in 3 buildings in Chelsea. 
The time is The 1930's. 
"Sleep no more" is based on "Macbeth" and here's its concept :
You are given a venetian mask with the instruction of not taking it off nor talk during the 2 1/2 hours "Show"... When you enter a room, you can snoop around, open drawer, watch very closely the actors etc...  You feel like a "voyeur"..
The idea is that you follow one "actor" (even though they hardly talk and mostly dance) and they take you to a intimate scene or to a big scene with more "performers".. No heels recommended as the actors usually run and you have to follow them ( a lot of staircase climbing required)  I lost "mine", a tall guy who reminded me of a childhood friend,  after 45 minutes and it took me one hour to find him again !  I had the chance to see a scene twice but from a different perspective as I was following another actor so I saw the first part of the scene which I had missed and knew where I should put myself not to loose my first actor a second time !
It's so amazing and rich and beautiful (the decor are amazing)  that I'm going to go again in one week, plus I've missed the erotic scenes but now I know which actor/actress will take me there the next time  !!



No comments:

Post a Comment