Monday, May 30, 2011

one day in may

On thursday morning after yoga, I started my little gallery tour with the Robert Mapplethorpe "50 Americans" show at Sean Kelly Gallery (until June 18th @ 528 West 29th street) : 50 Americans, one from each state, was asked to look at a RM portfolio and pick up a picture and tell us why they did so. It's a beautiful show and after reading and loving "Just kids" this winter, I was really happy to see it. 
Next stop was @ the inevitable  Gagosian Gallery (555 west 24th) were John Chamberlain shows until July 8th his monumental metal sculptures.  I liked  Louise Lawler new work at Metro Pictures (519 West 24th street until June 11th) but was a bit disappointed by Donald Judd show at David Swirner (525 west 19th street until June 25th).
I met a friend for lunch at THE ONLY (almost) place for lunch in the area, Cookshop (corner of 19th street and 10th avenue) : I love the food (I had a grilled halibut and sautéed spinach)  plus there are  always some people watching (Ethan Hawke was there).
That evening, I met some friends at Felice (corner of 64th street and 1st avenue, an excellent Italian wine bar where I always get the (best) carciofi/parmigiano salad and salmon/avocado tartare. We then met more friends for a viewing of Hangover 2 : it's exactly the same synopsis as the first one but I still laughed like crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment